Sanctuary of the Madonna of the Blood

The Sanctuary, also known as the “Church of the Company”, is located in the middle of the village, along the main road, next to the noble palaces under the ancient Rocca. Inside is the image of the Virgin of the Blood, a remarkable painting on wood attributed to the painter Lorenzo di Credi.   The church was probably built in the 15th century. It has a single nave with a cross-vaulted ceiling. The side altars date from the 17th century. The image of the Virgin of the Blood attributed to Lorenzo Credi (1465-1537) is venerated. The painting on wood is placed on the front wall above the altar of the shrine dedicated to the Virgin of the Blood in Portico di Romagna.

 

Weekday and holiday opening hours: Worship hours.

Opening periods: Open all year round.

Admission fee: Free admission.

How to get there: Reachable via the SS 67 Tosco-Romagnola road about 35 km from Forlì.

Can’t find what you are looking for?

All rights reserved 2024© Comune di Forlì

Credits: Wizard srl | Privacy & Cookie Policy | Sitemap

ComuneForli_IATHUBdelturismo
IAT HUB
Comune di Forlì
Comune di Forlì

IAT HUB FORLì

Have you found incorrect or missing content?
Send a feedback to the Tourist Information Office of the relevant Municipality. Go to the tourist offices page.

Comune di Bertinoro
Comune di Bertinoro
Comune di Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole
Comune di Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole
Comune di Civitella di Romagna
Comune di Civitella di Romagna
Comune di Dovadola
Comune di Dovadola
Comune di Forlimpopoli
Comune di Forlimpopoli
Comune di Galeata
Comune di Galeata
Comune di Meldola
Comune di Meldola
Comune di Modigliana
Comune di Modigliana
Comune di Portico e San Benedetto
Comune di Portico e San Benedetto
Comune di Predappio
Comune di Predappio
Comune di Premilcuore
Comune di Premilcuore
Comune di Rocca San Casciano
Comune di Rocca San Casciano
Comune di Santa Sofia
Comune di Santa Sofia
Comune di Tredozio
Comune di Tredozio
Skip to content